Ouistee offers a complete set of tools to define and use categories in your project. This is a powerful way to organize your data. Let’s imagine you have a cool cars collection at home ! So open or create your collection on Ouistee ans let’s see how categories are cool...
- Click on the side bar category icon to open the category screen.
- Click on + . It will add a new main category in the list. Edit the name in the 'Category name' field.
Example | Car brand.
- At the bottom space ('Values and sub categories') click on the + into the values column and enter the values.
Trick : Validating the value with ENTER key will create another one on the fly.
Example | Dolorean, Batmobile, KITT
- Click on « Add sub category » at the right of the value column. It will add a new column just after the previous one. On the top of the column your are invited to set a name.
Example | Energy.
- Then select a value created before (Dolorean), it will add a + into the new subcategory column.
- In the subcategory Energy column add a new set of values as you previously did.
Example | Gasoline, electric.
- Do the same to add 'Transmission' category
- Then select 'Gasoline' in the 'Energy' column. You are now able to add a set of values in 'Transmission'.
Example | Auto, Manual
- Now select 'Electric' in the 'Energy' column, add another set of values in 'Transmission'.
Example | Auto, 6 speed sequential
As you can see, you define values depending on the selected values path.
You can do the same for all Car brand values.
- Back to your workspace ('Close Category') drop the Element Category. As you can see, a select menu is added for each category and subCategory.
Note | The category element can be dropped only one time.
- Switch to the Data Mode ('End editing'). If you select a 'Car Brand', the subcategory field will be populated with the matching set of values, it will work the same way for all the subcategories.
You can define the categories for each data card you have.
- Open the search panel from the side panel. (before version 1.9, on the top right of the list you can find a category icon. Click on it to open the category panel). You will be able to sort your data by category. Select the main categories and then the values to sort your list.